Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yea, John Mark!!!!!!!!

I think that I own Gary Chapman's book "The Five Love Languages." I even think that I have started reading it once or twice, but never finished it.

Here's a synopsis:

"Author Gary Chapman in his book The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate believes everyone has a love tank, and that tank is filled by different love languages. These five languages are Gifts, Words of Affirmation, Quality of Time, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.
Often, we tend to give love in the languages we are most fluent in, which usually ends up being the languages that fill up our love tank. This would be why a husband who does yard work, dishes, car maintenance, etc. (Acts of Service) is floored when his wife says "You never show me you love me. You never cuddle with me, or caress my hair, or make the first move for sex." (Physical Touch). Or, "Why don't you spend time with me? Why do you work so much?" (Quality Time). And, "Why don't you buy me flowers? Why don't you ever get me cards or balloons...just because?" (Gifts) Or "You never tell me what I mean to you. Why don't you ever share with me what I mean to you, or what my good qualities are?" (Words of Affirmation)"

I think that John Mark is beginning to understand that one of my love languages is a clean house. I walked in yesterday from work to vacuumed floors and clean bathrooms (this means so much to a big pregnant girl who spends lots of time there). I think I might have swooned a little bit!

All that to say, since I give JM grief on the blog regularly, I thought it only fair to take this opportunity to give him a shout out, thumbs up, high five, or however you want to put it.

Thank you, John Mark!

2 comments:

Jawan said...

John Mark is an awesome husband....we are married to wonderful men!

Anonymous said...

What's the big deal? JMP has been cleaning my house for years. :)