Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hawaii 2009

My mom and dad have good friends with a condo in Hawaii. We planned a trip before my dad died for August. John Mark's mom was kind enough to step in so we were still able to make the trip.
This was a really rough trip for me. We were supposed to fly to Hawaii with both grandmas but our flight from Columbia was delayed and we missed their flight. All things considered, Judah was wonderful on the way over, even though we had a longer flight due to the delay. The moment the plan touched down in Hawaii I became sick and struggled with all day motion sickness the entire time we were there. And let me tell you, it was hot!!
I didn't want to pay money to have the captions on the slideshow so here's what's going on in the pictures:
1) the first set is scenery pictures
2) the second set is from Dole Pineapple Plantation
3) next is the Royal Palace
4) Pearl Harbor
5) me, my mom, and JM hiking to a waterfall (that is mud on her forehead)
6) the luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center
Looking back at the pictures has been a good reminder of how pretty the island is. I had forgotten in the midst of all my "not so good" memories.

No comments: